"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Sense of Self

"I had another experience at about this time [my twelfth year].  I was taking the long road to school from Klein-Huningen, where we lived, to Basel, when suddenly for a single moment I had the overwhelming impression of having just emerged from a dense cloud.  I knew all at once: now I am myself!  It was as if a wall of mist were at my back, and behind that wall there was not yet an "I."  But at this moment I came upon myself.  Previously I had existed, too, but everything had merely happened to me.  Now I happened to myself.  Now I knew: I am myself now, now I exist.  Previously I had been willed to do this and that; now I willed.  This experience seemed to me tremendously important and new: there was "authority" in me."

Jung
Memories, Dreams, Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment