"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Friday, December 23, 2016

The Tale of Genji (again)

I'm giving the Tale of Genji another go.  Trying to take this Christmas shutdown and get a running start.  Maybe I'll get all the way through this time.

I need to find another handle to this tale than the main character.  I find Genji uninteresting.  He's a medieval Japanese Brad Pitt.  He gets attention because he's attractive, a good performer, moves in all the right circles and is irresistible to the ladies.  But as far as I can see, there's not much else there.

Note to self:  What emerges if we pay attention to the women?

No comments:

Post a Comment