"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Jung and God

"My raison d'etre consists in coming to terms with that indefinable Being we call God."

"I don't overlook God's fearful greatness, but I should consider myself a coward and immoral if I allowed myself to be deterred from asking questions."

"No matter what the world thinks about religious experience, the one who has it possesses a great treasure, a thing that has become for him a source of life, meaning, and beauty, and that has given a new splendor to the world and to mankind.  He has pistis and peace." 

"Nobody could rob me of the conviction that it was enjoined upon me to do what God wanted and not what I wanted.  That gave me the strength to go my own way.  Often I had the feeling that in all decisive matters I was no longer among men, but was alone with God."

C. G. Jung, Word and Image

No comments:

Post a Comment