"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Sunday, August 20, 2017

Discipleship - II

"Christianity without discipleship is always Christianity without Christ"

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"We have not only been saved by grace, we have been paralyzed by it."

Dallas Willard

"Discipleship is the relationship I stand into Jesus Christ in order that I might take on his character.  As his disciple, I am learning from him how to live my life in the kingdom as he would if he were I.  The natural outcome is my behavior is transformed.  Increasingly, I routinely and easily do the things he said and did."

Dallas Willard

"For two years, one of my friends followed the rock group The Grateful Dead.  He was known as a Deadhead.  he didn't follow the Dead casually like a fan who follows baseball.  He travelled from city to city, living out of his car.  He wanted to live the same life the band lived.

My friend might have been misguided, but he was totally committed.  He was a true disciple in much the same way the New Testament describes discipleship."

Bill Hull

All quotes taken from
The Complete Guide to Discipleship:
On Being and Making Followers of Christ
Bill Hull

No comments:

Post a Comment