"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Havel - Good Moods 3


“Another kind of good mood can be brought about by what I would call a “human encounter.’  Now and again, I establish an understanding with someone.  He may understand me better, or I him, or he helps me somehow – perhaps no more than a kind word, or I help him – perhaps by dissuading him from a foolish act or by persuading him to exercise better self-control.  Perhaps I simply have a good talk with someone or, in a kind of cheerfully creative dialogue, we experience a small event together.  Such things are common enough on the outside, but they have a special value here and it is no surprise that they unfailingly produce a good mood.”

Vaclav Havel
Letters to Olga

No comments:

Post a Comment