"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Sunday, June 24, 2018

What was I born to do?

     "You are my evil spirit," answered Owen, much excited--"you and the hard, coarse world!  The leaden thoughts and the despondency that you fling upon me are my clogs, else I should long ago have achieved the task I was created for."
     Peter Hovenden shook his head, with the mixture of contempt and indignation which mankind, of whom he was partly a representative, deem themselves entitled to feel towards all simpletons who seek other prizes than the dusty one along the highway.

Nathaniel Hawthorne
The Artist of the Beautiful
The Portable Hawthorne

No comments:

Post a Comment