"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Saturday, July 28, 2018

Fallen from Grace

If I'm lost - now
That I was found
Shall still my transport be -
That once - on me - those Jasper Gates
Blazed open - suddenly -

That on my awkward - gazing - face -
The angels  - softly peered -
And touched me with their fleeces,
Almost as if they cared -

I'm banished - now - you know it -
How foreign that can be -
You'll know - sir - when the Savior's face
Turns so - away from you.


Emily Dickinson
The Poems of Emily Dickinson (Franklin), 316

No comments:

Post a Comment