"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Saturday, September 23, 2017

Riding the Tide of Destiny

I - Departure
    3 - Supernatural Aid

"...in so far as the hero's act coincides with that for which his society itself is ready, he seems to ride on the great rhythm of the historical process.  'I feel myself,' said Napoleon at the opening of his Russian campaign, 'driven towards an end that I do not know.  As soon as I shall have reached it, as soon as I shall become unnecessary, an atom will suffice to shatter me.  Till then, not all the forces of mankind can do anything against me.' "

Joseph Campbell
The Hero With a Thousand Faces

No comments:

Post a Comment