"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Sunday, February 11, 2018

Life in the Fishbowl - II

"But the effects I describe here are far from exhausting the matter: oddly enough, my imprisonment is present as well in something apparently removed from all external factors, that is, in my inner life: what I think about and what gives that inner life sustenance.  Regardless of what I reflect upon, traces of the fact of my imprisonment can always be found in the perspective of those reflections and in the shading of my emotions; it is always there, a particular dimension or aspect of them, trapped inside them as if by a spell.  I can't escape it even in my sleep: bizarre resonances of it filter into almost all my dreams.  Nor can I escape it when I am carried away by some cultural experience, a good movie or a book; a subtle analysis of these experiences would be conclusive."

Vaclav Havel
Letters to Olga

No comments:

Post a Comment