"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Monday, February 12, 2018

Life in the Fishbowl - III

"The concrete consequences and aspects of my imprisonment provide - of necessity - a self-evident, inevitable framework, background or 'system of coordinates' for the whole of my present sojourn in the world, for my entire existence - regardless of whether the focus happens to be on the problems of my immediate life in this place or on various aspects of my life or standing 'in general.'  This framework, of course, does not change me, my mind, my character or my 'identity' in any remarkable way.  It merely forms that peculiar terrain through which I am destined to go, adjusting my step to every change in topography."

Vaclav Havel
Letters to Olga

No comments:

Post a Comment