"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Havel - Good Moods 5

"The highest phase, as it were, of this 'contemplation' is my final and best mood.  It is difficult to characterize concisely and accurately; it is a sense of general and fundamental joy that I am alive, that I am, that my life - in spite of everything - has meaning, that I have done some good, that there are people who know me, understand me, share with me - though it may only be at a distance and in general  terms - my fate.  They know what I want and why I do what I do, they think about me, worry about me, wish me well and - perhaps the most important and wonderful thing of all - they are fond of me.  It is an experience of the manifestation - the vivid presence - of an otherwise hidden, yet all-determining dimension of the spirit, that is, the presence of faith, hope and the profound conviction that there is a 'meaning'...I don't have this mood often at all, but it is very useful: it fills me with strength and energy and courage, substances I need desperately."

Vaclav Havel
Letters to Olga

No comments:

Post a Comment