"Seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom;
yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom;
seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:118

"And the gatherer sought to find pleasing words, worthy writings, words of Truth."
Ecclesiastes 12:10



Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Touched by Strange Fire

A life long interest in the spiritual experiences of the race - not just those bound within the borders of my creed and communion, but the race entire! - has been a little difficult at times to explain, even to myself.



I've heard an Organ talk, sometimes -
In a Cathedral Aisle,
And understood no word it said -
Yet held my breath, the while -

And risen up - and gone away,
A more Bernardine Girl -
Yet - knew not what was done to me
In that old Chapel Aisle.

Emily Dickinson
The Poems of Emily Dickenson, (Franklin), 211

No comments:

Post a Comment